Synthetic Turf, or artificial grass, is a highly accessible, durable and low maintenance playground surfacing option. Unlike other playground surfaces, GT Impax’s Synthetic Grass brings a natural look to your recreation space. Noted for its safety and accessibility features, it is an Annex H approved surface and adheres to the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) guidelines.
Multiple options are available in the turf including various weights and blade heights, and each is designed with a specific functionality. All GT Impax Turf features a SilverBack™ system lining for optimal blade resilience. Infill is strongly recommended to maintain the system’s integrity. Properly installed turf provides efficient drainage, impact absorption, durability and accessibility to promote play.
All of the GT Synthetic Grass options provide adequate drainage, durability, cushioning and accessibility for mobility devices.
- Drains quickly after rainfall for quicker return to play
- Natural look and feel provides visual appeal
- Low maintenance – no watering or mowing!
- EnviroFill infill with Microban® provides antimicrobial protection, is non-toxic, and will support the system’s integrity after installation
- Cooler surface temperature compared to other surfaces
- GT Impax Turf systems include turf with SilverBack™ system lining installed over a porous, closed-cell, attenuating layer customized to meet your space’s critical fall height
- Systems approved for fall heights up to 12 feet over compacted aggregate or 11 feet over concrete
- Infill is recommended and required to uphold warranty
- Available in 40/55/60 ounce options; more available upon request
- Turf is delivered in 15" rolls
- Meets all applicable CSA standards
- Routine raking is recommended to distribute infill and discourage blade compaction
- Use turf to create themed or branded recreational surfaces - ask your GT Impax representative about custom designs and logos
View Synthetic Grass playground surfacing options.