The Engineered Wood Fiber manufactured by GT Impax is recognized as one of the more affordable playground surfaces. It’s also a popular choice for projects that require a fast installation and meets safety and accessibility requirements set forth by the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) and Annex H.
Noted for its ease of use, it’s designed to be accessible by a wide range of mobility devices including wheelchairs, crutches and walkers. Once installed, it forms a “knitted” layer that will require the occasional leveling and “topping off” to keep the correct material depth for safety and compliance standards.
- Economical initial cost
- Meets accessibility standards when compacted and maintained
- Provides a natural look
- Manufactured of size-controlled softwoods and/or hardwoods that average 1”-2” in length and contain a maximum of 15% fine particles to aid in knitting
- Non-toxic and does not contain paint, chemicals or additives
- Contains minimal bark and is free of twigs, leaf debris and other organic material. This product meets all applicable ASTM standards. For more information, please refer to our complete product specification.
- Use wear mat inserts under swings and at the end of slides to reduce displacement
- Containment systems like curbs will reduce the spread of surfacing into non-play spaces
- Geotextile fabric and geocomposite drainage accessories are recommended for best performance
- Providing adequate drainage is an important preventative measure to avoid freezing in sudden climate change
- Meets requirements set forth by the CSA
Learn more about Engineered Wood Fiber playground surfacing.